SantaCruz East, Mumbai
BKC, Bandra East, Mumbai
Land's End, Bandra West, Mumbai
Goregaon East, WEH, Mumbai
Sahar, Andheri East, Mumbai
JVPD, Juhu, Mumbai
In India, Srila Prabhupada’s main program for revitalizing the Vedic teachings was the construction of major temples. In 1972, he laid the foundation stone of the temple in Juhu, Mumbai.
The magnificent temple complex is one of the most visited in the country. It is a spiritual oasis in the dry and demanding material life of the financial and commercial capital of India.
Opened in 1978, the complex includes a spacious marble temple, a recently renovated auditorium, a huge restaurant and a twin towered seven-storey guest house where visitors can stay and participate in the daily spiritual programs of the temple.
Official Website: http://www.iskconmumbai.com/
image courtesy: wikimedia
Bandra West, Mumbai
Linking road was one of the first arterial roads “linking” the far-flung suburbs of Bandra and Juhu during the 40s. the oldest name of the road was Dadabhai Navroji Road.
In Santacruz there is a famous Arya Samaj Mandir and on the end there is Juhu garden which used to have an aeroplane model also there are a chain of stores all called Elite with different business.
Mt. Mary Road, Bandra, Mumbai
The Basilica of Our Lady of the Mount, more commonly known as Mount Mary Church, is a Roman Catholic Basilica located in Bandra, Mumbai. The Basilica is one of the most visited ‘religious places of worship’ in the city.
Every September, the feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary is celebrated on the first Sunday after 8 September, the birthday of the Virgin Mary. This is a week long celebration known as the Bandra Fair and is visited by thousands of people.
The earliest historical records of Bandra come from Jesuit priests who were given sole ownership, not only of Bandra but also of Parel, Wadala and Sion, by the Portuguese. In 1570 the Jesuits built a college and a church in Bandra. In the mid-18th century, the traveller John Fryer records that the Jesuit church, which stood near the seashore, was still in use.
In 1733 when the Kunbi farmers migrated to this island from Mumbai because the fish manure they used was banned, they found St. Andrews church, St.Stanislaus Orphanage and a monastery of St. Anne. After this was destroyed in a Maratha raid in the year 1737 when the English aided the Portuguese troops, a slaughterhouse was built on the same spot.
There was also a chapel of Mt. Mary, build around 1640. Legend has it that this was destroyed in 1738 during a Maratha raid. The statue of the Virgin was recovered from the sea by fishermen and temporarily installed in St. Andrews, before being shifted to the rebuilt Mt. Mary in 1761.
Bandra remained a village with plantations of rice and vegetables in the low-lying areas of the island until a causeway linked it to Mahim in 1845. Although many bungalows were built here in the boom years of the 1860’s and 70\’s, the posh Pali Hill area, now teeming with film stars, saw the first construction only in the 1880’s. The suburbs of Bandra became one of the most fashionable suburbs by the middle of the century. Further developments are envisaged with the new Bandra-Kurla Commercial Complex.
Near Esselworld, Manori, Mumbai
The Global Vipassana Pagoda is a Meditation Hall near Gorai, North-west of Mumbai, India. The Pagoda was inaugurated by Pratibha Patil, then President of India on 8 February 2009.
It is built on donated land on a peninsula between Gorai creek and the Arabian Sea. The pagoda is to serve as a monument of peace and harmony. The Global Vipassana Pagoda has been built out of gratitude to the Buddha, his teaching and the community of monks practicing his teaching.
Its traditional Burmese design is an expression of gratitude towards the country of Myanmar for preserving the practice of Vipassana. The shape of the pagoda is a copy of the Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon, Myanmar. It was built combining ancient Indian and modern technology to enable it to last for a thousand years.
Image courtesy: Wikipedia
Madh-Marve Road, Malad, Mumbai
Aksa Beach is a popular beach and a vacation spot in Aksa village at Malad, Mumbai, India. It is situated close to Malvani.
This beach was one of the most silent and least visited beaches. It was very clean you could find a large variety of snails and shells. It is a popular weekend destination with youngsters. It is dotted with many private cottages and hotels, some of which are rented out to tourists and visitors.
This beach has INS Hamla (a base of the Indian Navy) at one end and a small beach called “Dana Paani”.
Juhu Tara Road, Juhu, Mumbai
Juhu Beach is one of the most famous beaches in Mumbai. It may be accessed from the suburbs of Vile Parle, Santacruz and Andheri. Many tourists make it a point to visit the beach when they come to Mumbai, as it is a relatively uncrowded free space in the city, although it does get crowded in the evenings and weekends.
It is famous for its Mumbai street food, notably bhelpuri, pani puri, chaats, and pav bhaji. The food stands are relatively hygienic. Italian food is also very popular in Juhu with many restaurants like Little Italy, Penne, Don Giovanni, and Mangi Ferra. On the southern end of Juhu beach there are many luxury hotels and apartments. Juhu beach is a very popular place for watching aircraft as planes from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport usually take off directly over the beach towards the sea.
At the north end of Juhu Beach there is a place called Gandhi Gram. During the summer vacations, children often go and play games such as cricket, football, basketball at the Juhu Beach.